Our client company Neustar whom we assisted with building a robust digital infrastructure for information management conducted a global survey of more than 1,000 IT professionals and published their Global DDoS Report back in April 2016.
We'd like to share with you some of its findings pertaining to IoT security.
- 81% of companies intent to roll out IoT devices by 2017.
- 73% of all companies polled in the course of the survey admitted suffering from cyber attacks in 2015; of them, 81% of companies that adopted IoT suffered DDoS attacks.
- Only less than half of all IoT adopters surveyed (34%) seem to care about their IoT devices / infrastructure security.
- A staggering 42% of companies deploying IoT devices realized they suffered a DDoS attack only after they'd been notified about this by a 3rd party.
- 47% of IoT adopters were attacked 5 or more times in 2015.
- In order to prevent future attacks, 84% of IoT adopters are investing more in DDoS defenses throughout 2016; of them, 76% are investing more than last year.
- Nearly 75% of companies practicing IoT already have advanced DDoS protection systems put in place in 2016.
- 29% of companies that safeguard their IoT systems rely on Cloud-only defenses versus 45% of those that rely on a mix of Cloud and on-premise protection.
For your convenience, Neustar has created a cool gif infographic to highlight their 2016 Report results: